Today October 10th is World Mental Health Day. For this reason the City Council has joined the campaign "Conect@ con la vida" of the World Federation of Mental Health in order to symbolize the importance of suicide prevention as well as the need for sufficient resources and support to enable proper care for people.
- 10.00 -14:00; 16.30-19:00 - Exhibition VIII Student drawing competition "Green Calendar 2020". Place: Ajuntament Vell
- 18:00 o'clock Oktoberfest. Location: Parc de la Creativitat
- 19:30 "Joker" (with subtitles) Location: Casa de Cultura
- Exhibition "Romanesque Churches on a Scale. Place: Parroquia Nuestra Señora de las Nieves
- Annual exhibition of the members of the Foto Club Ifach. Location: Casa de Cultura
Calpe yesterday celebrated October, 9, the day of the Comunidad Valenciana, with the institutional awarding of the "Jaume Pastor i Fluixà" prize and the city's medals of honour, which each year honour the work of people or institutions that have made a significant contribution to the improvement of the city. The act began with a video in honour of the historian, professor and journalist Pastor i Fluixà, who dedicated his short life to the memory of Calpe and Les Marines.
The municipal government will include within the agenda of the ordinary plenary session scheduled for next October 14, the sanction to the company awarded the cleaning service of the beaches and coves of Calpe for breach of contract.
The City Council of Calpe, together with the XarxaSalut network of the Generalitat Valenciana, has organised a cycle of training sessions to promote health in the community.
These courses are aimed at staff from various departments of the Valencian City Council, such as town planning, local police, social services, education, youth, social welfare..., so that they can coordinate all the services available in the field of health and make the care and services provided to citizens more efficient.
The number of gender-related violence decrees in force in Calpe has increased by 30 per cent in the last two years and is currently at 56, according to Modes Salazar, head of the unit against violence against women in the government's sub-delegation to the Round Table against Gender Violence, following the alleged murder in Calpe in which a Belgian woman was murdered in front of her partner.
- 16:30-19:00. Exhibition of the 8th school painting competition "Grüner Kalender". Place: Exhibition hall Ajuntament Vell
- 18:00. Oktoberfest. Location: Parc de la Creativitat
- 20:00. Opening of the annual exhibition of the members of the Foto Club Ifach. Location: Casa de Cultura
Until Monday 7 October, the lists of eligible citizens can be consulted in the basement of the Town Hall. To this end, the Town Hall will be open today, Friday, from 8 am to 2 pm, tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday from 10 am to 1 pm and Monday from 8 am to 4.30 pm.
Your name must appear on the list of eligible citizens in order to be able to vote in the general elections next 10 November.